El Cajon Personal Injury AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
An unexpected traumatic injury can send your life spinning off course in moments. Medical bills may pile up at the same time you’re unable to return to work due to your injuries. If you’ve suffered a serious injury due to someone else’s actions or negligent behavior, you shouldn’t be left with the financial hardship caused by the injury. A San Diego personal injury lawyer in El Cajon is ready to make your injury claim their priority so you can recover your financial losses and compensation for your pain and suffering. Call the compassionate personal injury attorneys at Haffner & Morgan today so we can hear about your case.
Why Should You Hire Our El Cajon Personal Injury Attorneys?
The El Cajon personal injury attorneys at Haffner & Morgan have a track record of successful claims, including a recent judgment for $5.6 million in a personal injury claim and a $3.5 million settlement in a car accident claim. We will provide the following advantages to your personal injury case in El Cajon:
- Individualized attention and open, honest communication throughout the claim process
- A compassionate attorney dedicated to achieving the maximum compensation for your claim
- The collective knowledge of a law firm with over 25 years of experience navigating personal injury law in California
- A resolution-based approach from skilled negotiators who will seek the highest possible settlement so you don’t have to go to court
- Powerful litigators with years of courtroom experience should a lawsuit in court become necessary to secure the compensation you deserve
If you’ve been injured and have mounting medical bills, let Haffner & Morgan focus on your financial recovery while you focus your energy on maximizing your physical recovery.
What Will an El Cajon Personal Injury Lawyer Do For You?
With decades of experience in El Cajon personal injury claims, we’re ready to navigate your claim by investigating all aspects of your injury, documenting evidence of liability, carefully calculating your damages, and sending a compelling demand package to the insurance company of the liable party. We use our sharply-honed negotiation skills from an evidence-backed position of strength to argue for the highest possible settlement amount for your damages. You need experience and knowledge of the legal system in your corner.
What Injuries Are Common For Personal Injury Claims?
Personal injury cases in California commonly arise due to negligent, reckless, or wrongful actions of someone else. Often injuries are caused by negligent drivers, negligent dog owners, defective products, workplace injuries, and medical malpractice. Common injuries in personal injury claims in El Cajon include the following:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic limb loss
- Accidents resulting in vision or hearing loss
Serious injuries have serious consequences. These consequences are known as the victim’s “damages” in a personal injury case.
California Statute of Limitations
Like all states, California imposes a time limit on personal injury claims. This statute of limitations helps ensure that evidence remains available and eyewitness testimony is still reliable when a case comes to court. Injury victims in California have up to two years from the date the injury occurred to file a claim for their damages.
What Damages Can I Recover in an El Cajon Personal Injury Case?
The attorneys at Haffner & Morgan are ready to calculate your damages to obtain the highest possible settlement. Common damages in personal injury cases include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical costs related to the injury
- Lost income
- Diminished capacity to earn due to disability
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages that might apply such as disfigurement compensation or loss of enjoyment of life damages
Insurance companies don’t happily write out large checks. It takes an experienced personal injury lawyer to present the most compelling case to obtain the maximum settlement when the insurer wishes to avoid a lawsuit in court.
Steps to Take After a Personal Injury Accident
You can protect your physical and financial well-being after a serious injury by using your cell phone as an important tool to document evidence. Take the following steps after an injury or hand your phone to an uninjured companion to help you do the following:
- Call 911 to request emergency transportation to a hospital
- While you wait, take photos of the accident scene, including anything relevant to how the injury occurred
- Take photos of any visible injuries
- Add the contact information of anyone involved and any eyewitnesses
- Accept emergency transportation to a hospital or arrange transportation to an ER as soon as possible.
Always seek medical attention as soon as possible after an injury to document your injuries in a detailed medical report.
Contact the El Cajon Personal Injury Attorneys at Haffner & Morgan Today
The attorneys at Haffner & Morgan understand the toll a serious injury takes on your life and its ripple effects on the family. Let us represent you in your claim for damages so you’ll have experienced legal counsel advocating for your best interests throughout the process. Call Haffner & Morgan today at (619) 541-8787 to schedule your free case evaluation.