Escondido Car Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Most of us never think twice before getting into a car to drive to our destination, yet nearly 20,000 car accidents occur daily in the U.S. Car accidents are a leading cause of injuries and death in our country, including in Escondido. If you’ve suffered a serious car accident in San Diego County, the Escondido car accident attorneys at Haffner & Morgan are the allies you need to recover your accident-related losses and take an important step toward financial recovery so you can focus on your physical recovery.
How Can an Escondido Car Accident Lawyer Help?
Because California’s insurance law demands that an injury victim prove the at-fault party’s negligence after an accident, in order to make a claim for damages while you’re busy taking care of yourself, your lawyer from Haffner & Morgan, LLP, will take care of business by doing the following:
- Investigating your accident to determine if the liable party is another driver, the manager of a defective car part, or a lax road maintenance crew
- Gather evidence to present to the appropriate insurance company in a demand package highlighting your damages
- Negotiate from a position of strength to defend your rights and best interests against the insurance company for your settlement
- Represent you in court if the insurance company fails to offer an adequate settlement
You shouldn’t go it alone against insurance companies who protect profits over payouts. A car accident lawyer in Escondido can streamline the process and maximize the compensation for your damages.
Why Choose Our Escondido Car Accident Attorneys?
If someone else was responsible for your car accident because they acted negligently or drove recklessly, you shouldn’t be left holding the bag. Even if you were partly at fault, you can still recover a portion of your damages minus your percentage of fault. At Haffner & Morgan, our San Diego personal injury lawyers have a track record of success proceeds us, giving your case a significant advantage. At our law firm, you’ll find what you’re looking for in legal representation.
Our 99% success rate has brought millions to our injured clients in Escondido and throughout San Diego County. At Haffner & Morgan, we’ll devote our personalized attention to your case to achieve maximum compensation for your economic damages plus pain and suffering.
- $3.5 million | T-bone accident and significant spine injuries
- $1.48 million | Side impact vehicle collision settlement with major injuries
- $1 million | Rear-end motor vehicle accident with neck and back injuries
- $725k | Car accident settlement
- $500k | Car accident settlement
At Haffner & Morgan, our decades of combined experience make us more than ready to thoroughly investigate all aspects of your accident to identify the liable party and prove negligence by demonstrating that the at-fault party owed a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent injury, that they breached this duty by acting negligently or recklessly, and that you suffered an injury with significant damages as a result.
With legal representation from an Escondido car accident attorney, you’re never left out of the loop on the progress of your case. We keep open lines of communication and regularly update you on every aspect to move forward with your input on key aspects of your claim.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Escondido
If you’re seriously injured after a car accident, you may be able to do little other than remain in place and wait for help. However, if you can safely use your phone, or ask someone else to use it for you, the following steps can help you protect your physical and financial future:
- First, call 911 to report the accident
- Take photos of your damaged vehicle and any other involved vehicles
- Take photos of the accident scene, including anything that contributed to the accident
- Record a quick statement of what you remember about the accident since trauma can cloud your memory later
- Add the contact information of other drivers and eyewitnesses to the accident
Once at the hospital, undergo a thorough evaluation. Ask for a detailed medical report with your prognosis and your doctor’s recommendations for your treatment. Keep all your medical bills and a copy of the police report. Then call Haffner & Morgan, LLP, for a free consultation.
What Type of Compensation is Available for Auto Accidents?
Damages add up quickly after a serious car accident. Bills keep coming in, medical expenses add up, and you may be unable to return to work due to your injuries and painful medical treatment. With an attorney on your side, you could recover compensation for damages including;
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses if you need surgeries, physical therapy, or at-home care
- Diminished earning capacity if your accident left you disabled
- Pain and suffering
- Other applicable non-economic damages like PTSD, disfigurement, or lowered life quality
Once your Escondido attorney gathers evidence of liability and calculates your damages, they’ll send a strong demand package to the insurance company of the at-fault party to begin negotiations for your settlement.
Will I Need To Go To Court For a Car Accident Claim?
Over 90% of car accident and personal injury claims settle out of court through negotiations with the insurance company of the party at fault. In the event that the insurance company denies your valid claim or seriously undervalues your compensation, you may choose to pursue the case through a car accident lawsuit in Escondido. In this case, your attorney from Haffner & Morgan is more than ready to rigorously defend your position in court and argue for full compensation in a jury award.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in California?
Car accident injury victims have two years from the date of the accident in which to file a lawsuit. Every state places a statute of limitations on these claims to ensure they come to court while evidence is still available and testimony is fresh. If your accident attorney in Escondido needs to pursue your claim in court to secure your compensation, they’ll file the lawsuit within the state’s 2-year time limit.
Car Accident Recovery Tips
The days and weeks following a serious car accident may feel overwhelming. Experts recommend the following tips to maximize your physical recovery while your attorneys focus on your Escondido car accident claim:
- Get plenty of rest and don’t try to go back to work before your doctor clears you
- Stay as active as your doctor allows
- Eat a healthy diet and remember to hydrate
- Keep a pain journal detailing your pain level so you can look back later to see your progress
- Follow all of your doctor’s instructions and attend every appointment and follow up
- See a mental health professional if you experience anxiety, depression, or sleep disturbances. Often, you’ll recover compensation for emotional trauma following an accident
It’s important to prioritize your health and emotional well-being after an accident, even if you’re accustomed to putting the needs of others ahead of your own.
Proudly Serving San Diego Neighborhoods
La Mesa | El Cajon | Clairemont | North Park | South Park | Old Town | Point Loma | Balboa Park | Bankers Hill | East Village | Mission Valley | Normal Heights | Hillcrest | Little Italy | University Heights | Gaslamp Quarter | Mission Hills | Bay Park | Bay Ho | Pacific Beach | La Jolla | Torrey Pines | Encinitas | Solana Beach |
Contact The Escondido Car Accident Lawyers at Haffner & Morgan Today
Insurance companies use predictable tactics against vulnerable injury victims, including using California’s comparative negligence laws against you by attempting to claim you were partly at fault in order to minimize your payout. Our experienced car accident attorneys in Escondido can counteract these tactics and defend your rights.
Reach out to our San Diego law office today for a free consultation so your attorney from Haffner & Morgan, LLP, can begin strategizing a prompt resolution for your claim.